Structural Concrete: Theory and Design [FREE DOWNLOAD]
New edition helps students make the bridge from concepts to problem-solving
The Fourth Edition of Structural Concrete: Theory and Design brings this text fully up to date while maintaining its acclaimed easy-to-follow, logical approach. Working with the text’s numerous step-by-step examples, students quickly grasp the principles and techniques of analyzing and designing reinforced and prestressed concrete elements. Moreover, the authors’ emphasis on a top quality, economical approach helps students design concrete structures and members with confidence.
Fully updated and revised, the Fourth Edition features:
* Latest coverage reflecting the ACI 318-08 code
* Seismic design chapter incorporates the latest of the International Building Code (IBC 2006)
* AASHTO method for predicting concrete creep and shrinkage
* New chapter dedicated to the design of curved beams
* SI unit examples, equivalent conversion factors from customary units to SI units, and SI unit design tables
Practical problems in each chapter enable students to apply and assess their knowledge as they advance through the text. The text’s companion Web site gives students more opportunities to apply their knowledge, with such features as MS Excel spreadsheets that offer an interactive environment for evaluating different design aspects of concrete members.
This text is an outgrowth of the two authors’ lecture notes, reflecting more than twenty-five years of both classroom teaching and industrial experience. It is structured to cover a two-course sequence on the design of reinforced concrete structures as well as provide a comprehensive up-to-date reference for practicing engineers