Construction Equipment is one of those things where the overall influence it has primarily rests on other factors on construction sites. So then what you simply must do is gather as many details as possible and think about them. Therefore you do have to be cautious about what you choose and dismiss. When you are satisfied that your research is thorough, then that is the time to evaluate the possibilities.
Construction equipment types cover from the very heavy equipment to the portable and mobile lighter equipment, some of them with a precise description of their functions are detailed below.
- Backhoe loader: Engineering equipment with a front bucket/shovel and a small backhoe in the rear combined with a tractor is known as backhoe loader. It is mostly used in small construction sites and in urban engineering such as fixing city roads.
- A crawler, which is very powerful and attached with a blade, is called a bulldozer. Even though any heavy engineering vehicle is known as bulldozer, it is actually a tractor with a dozer blade.
- A compact excavator is a wheeled or tracked vehicle with a backfill blade and swing boom. It is also known as mini excavator. The functions and movements of the machines are carried out by transferring hydraulic fluid. This makes a compact hydraulic excavator different from other construction equipment.
- To compact gravel, dirt, asphalt and concrete in construction work and road laying a road roller which is also known as roller-compactor would be used.
- A motorized cultivator with a rotating blade to work in the soil is known as rotary tiller. They are either drawn behind a tractor or self-propelled.
- A crane is a derrick or tower equipped with pulleys and cables for lowering and lifting materials. The cranes used in construction industry are mostly temporary structures.
- Dragline excavation systems are heavy equipment mostly used in surface mining and civil engineering. The smaller type of dragline excavator is used for port and road construction. The larger type dragline excavator is used in strip-mining operations for coal extraction.
- In the building industry, to make foundations, a drilling machine is used. It is also used in oil wells and water wells.
- An excavator commonly known as a digger is an engineering vehicle, with a cab mounted on a rotating platform or pivot, and a backhoe on top of an undercarriage with wheels or tracks.
- In untamed regions which are being reclaimed for construction, a feller buncher, a machine having an attachment, which fells trees, is used.
- A forklift, lift truck or forklift truck is an industrial truck used to pick up and transport heavy material using steel forks under the material to be lifted. The most common usage of a forklift is to move materials stored on pallets.
- A loader also known as a bucket loader, front-end loader, scoop loader, shovel, or front loader is a type of tractor using buckets, which can be tilted to lift and move material.
- A paver is used to spread asphalt on roadways.