Mold is a fungus that grows in moist environments and can be found inside and outside your home. It produces spores that float through the air as it rises. These spores are usually harmless in small quantities, but when they land on a moist surface, they grow and become more dangerous. If you notice mold, you should hire a mold inspector to conduct Mold Testing Reno, Nevada, at your home. You should also take your home inspector’s advice if they see any signs of water damage or moisture. Mold could be an issue, even if it appears to be old water damage.
Mold Growth Is Visible
When testing for mold growth, mold colonies are visible. They may be bluish, yellow, or velvety in color, and they may be hairy. The development of molds depends on moisture obtained from organic materials. They grow and destroy surfaces over time, with the discoloration of the surface being one of the first signs.
To test for mold growth, use a fine piece of tape and place it on the suspected surface. The mold should stick to the video if the surface is not wet.
It Can Be Measured
One way of measuring mold is by using a thermometer. The sensor is placed inside the mold wall. The sensor is typically 50 to 100 mm from the edge of the mold. The temperature of the mold is then measured for the tube’s temperature. The temperature differential may be less than 0.5 degrees Celsius or greater than one degree Celsius.
The sensor has two sensors. The first determines the position of the molten metal, and the second measures the surface of a reference surface. The reference surface is the mold’s surface surrounded by molten metal. The second sensor is located away from the side wall of the mold. This allows the sensor to measure 100% of the metal in a mold.
It Can Cause Health Effects
Many health effects come with mold exposure. The health effects can range from mild irritation to severe respiratory infections. People with weak immune systems are more at risk for infection than healthy people. In particular, some species of molds can cause serious bacterial diseases called Histoplasmosis and Cocidicimycosis. These conditions are often caused by contact with mold spores or disturbing their reservoirs.
Although most people are unaffected by exposure to moderate mold levels, a small number of individuals may experience allergic reactions. About six to 10 percent of the general population and up to fifty percent of people with atopic dermatitis are sensitive to mold. The most common symptoms include a runny nose, eye irritation, coughing, and congestion. Some people may even experience asthma attacks.
To perform mold testing, the first step is to collect a sample from the affected area. This sample will then be processed in a lab to determine the number of mold spores present. Sometimes, the model must be cultured or stained to determine the species. Once this sample is ready, the remediation contractor can proceed. The mold testing process can take a long time, but it is necessary to ensure the integrity of the remediation process.
Mold testing can be performed after the mold removal process is complete. The test results will confirm whether the mold removal has been successful. If the mold spore count has decreased, it will show whether the area has been thoroughly cleaned.