Scope of Sikadur Combiflex system
This is a high performance joint sealing system for construction,expansion and connection joints as well as for cracks. When fixed to the joint, allows irregular and high movement in more than one direction, whilst maintaining a high quality seal.
Advantages of Sikadur Combiflex system
Excellent adhesion to many materials
Weather and water resistant
Good resistance to many chemicals
Perform well with a wide range of temperature
Sikadur Combiflex is a high performance joint sealing system for irregular or high movement joints. Sikadur 731 is a solvent free 2-component adhesive and repair mortar based on a combination of epoxy resins and specially selected high strength fillers.
2. Substrate preparation
• Substrate must be clean, free from oil, grease, laitance or loose particles
• Age of concrete 3-6 weeks depending on climatic conditions
• Sand-, water-blasting, grinding, cutting or shot blasting
• Cleaning the substrate carefully from dust by vacuuming
– Remove transparent separation foil of Sikadur Combiflex strip. Activate Sikadur Combiflex strip on both sides with Sika Thinner C, using rag saturated in Sika Thinner C. Wipe thoroughly. Leave to dry for at least 1 hour and max. 8 hours.
– Mix component A and B of Sikadur 731 using slow speed drill until homogeneous mixture is achieved. Apply properly mixed Sikadur 731 on both sides of joint (properly prepared) using trowel or tooth comb. Layer thickness 1 – 2 mm, width (on each side) at least 40 mm.
– The center of the strip may under no circumstances be glued to the substrate.
– Apply Sikadur Combiflex strip by pressing into the fresh applied epoxy adhesive. The red-middle tape is faced upwards.
– Let the base layer of the Sikadur 731 to harden first before the top layer is applied. If necessary activate Sikadur Combiflex strip again before applying Sikadur 731 on both top sides at a thickness of approx. 2 mm, producing a cover which tapers to almost zero.
– Remove the red middle strip.
New tapes are connected by hot air through thermal welding. This will be assisted by simultaneously applying Sika Colma-Cleaner. Overlaps of tape ends/connections (e.g. T-pieces, L-pieces etc.) have to be 40-50 mm. Avoid welding of already glued tapes (potential damage to epoxy). Stop gluing ~ 30 cm before connection to be welded.