Glass type and the cladding supporting details must meet the requirements of the design, the steel details must be painted anti-rust. The moving details (like hinge, pin and varieties of locks …) are not be leaned against the glass and the glass frame structure.
Mastic installing glass will be plastic enough to insert glass and calk tightly plots between glass and frame. After placing into the position of frame, the surface of glass shouldn’t be cracked. As inserting the mastic, it shouldn’t press strongly. The plastic and soft of the mastic will easily press and flat to create the continuous lines without rough, without sticky in neither the glass nor frame and without sliding to the surface of structure.
When checking plastic of the mastic with the pressing layer thick 0.5mm arranging to the steel panel, will not less than 20mm. Mastic near glass when put into use must be packed tightly with the brand of manufacturing place and must be ensured for the product quality as regulated.
The glass product delivered to the Site must be ready tolled in accordance with the order dimension or design. Enclosed with the glass product must have the cladding supports and positioning nails. The glass cutting must be done by the professional workers. The glass products after cut must be packed into the container in accordance with each size and arrange into set for each room, flat or construction.
The glass will be installed deep into the groove of the frame as ¾ the width of the groove. Between glass face and the slope of groove will have an opening area at least 2mm for insert mastic. The layer of mastic above will be continuous, smooth.
Plain glass, decorating patterned glass, opaque glass, structured glass besides the designed regulations, must be positioned firmly by suitable details with the material & structure of the glass frame as follows:
- Wooden frame – the glass is positioned by the pin, the space between the pins is not over 300mm. On each glass side, no. of positioning pins is minimum two
- If use the steel splint, between the glass and splint must have the rubber supporting and use the positioning screw with the inclining angle of 450 compare to the glass plane
- Steel frame – Aluminium alloy frame – the glass is positioned by the rubber splint with the galvanized steel splint. Connection between splint and frame depending on the screws put into the ready tolled holes. For some kinds of steel or Aluminium alloy frames, to position the glass, use the forming splint with the enclosed rubber supports
- Plastic frame – the glass is positioned by the plastic splint screwed & and placed mastic inside.
- Reinforced concrete frame – the glass is positioned by the steel edging details plunged into the concrete & the steel splints with the plastic or rubber support.
In the house & the other civil constructions, do not allow to assembly the connected glass (in one glass compartment), the glass got the cracks over 10mm long, the unable cleaning stain or the glass got foreign bodies or other defectives …In case that the glass compartment has got the connection, need to negotiate with the construction designer. Then, one glass compartment can be assembled by two pieces & place overlapped one piece of 20mm. Two sides of the glass piece must be positioned tightly by splint with no. of screws or nails at least 2, then filled two sides by mastic.
The glass assembling into frame belongs to the covering structure takes the light from outside, besides the tight position and tight connection between glass & frame, need to ensure for not let water go through or absorb through the connected positions between the glass & frame. The steel connecting details must be anti-rusted by painted or galvanized. The used mastic must stand the affection of regular rain & sun.
The multi-layer glass must be installed into the wooden frame, steel frame or reinforced steel frame as well as fixed tightly by rubber spacer, plastic spacer with steel splint or by screw and placing mastic.