Sika Solution to protect Flyover & Civil Engineering infrastructure
- Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor is a one part solvent containing coating, based on methacrylic resins resistant to weathering, alkalis and ageing.
- It’s available in clear and coloured grades for use on mineral substrates including concrete and other cementitious surfaces
- Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor protects concrete against aggressive atmospheric influences and promotes a self-cleaning effect on the treated surfaces. It does not adversely influence the characteristic texture of the concrete.
- Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 as protective coating.
Main characteristics of Protective coating for concrete
- Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor provides excellent weather resistance.
- Due to its quick drying properties, the coating is rain resistant within a short time
- Almost no change in the texture characteristics of the concrete surface for none colored one (Clear Glaze).
- Very high diffusion resistance against carbon dioxide and, therefore reduces considerably the rate and depth of carbonation of the concrete
- Suitable for sealing of green concrete in civil engineering works
Application – 2 Solutions
1. Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Clear Glaze
As protection and enhancement of exposed aggregate concrete:
2 x Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Clear Glaze
2. Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Top Coat
In normal situation:
2 x Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Top Coat
When using bright yellow and red colour shades:
3 x Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Top coat
On very absorbent and/or porous substrate, it is recommended to add about 50% of Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Clear Glaze to the first coat of Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor Top Coat in order to strengthen the substrate and to reduce the risk of a patchy appearance.
Sikagard 680 S Betoncolor (Clear Glaze and Top Coat) can be applied by brush or short-piled lambskin roller.