Professional Qualities for Project Managers
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change .
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives.